Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default This weeks bollockings for you know who:-)

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
They are not my employees.

Oh!
I always thought that you were the Gaffer.
I do beg your pardon.

I wish. This a a much bigger firm than mine! I am a one man band
(that has had apprentices in the past) that now subs for this
firm. --
Adam

Understood.
When I was an apprentice back in 1966 I served my time with a
very old school plumber. He was a total **** with me and worked
me like a dog.

In his eyes I was a bone idle ******.

Were you a bone idle ******:-)?

No. But that was the way he spoke to his apprentice.
Ring any bells Adam?

Sticks and stone etc

This was the days of standing
at the bus stop in the ****ing down rain.

Those days are still there. I still pass an apprentice at the bus
stop most mornings. I could pick him up at his house on my way to
work and save him 1 hours travel time. In fact I used to do that
until he was late twice (still in bed) when I arrived to pick him
up.

I now give the little **** a blast on my van's horn and show him two
fingers as I pass him in a morning.

I don't blame you. I have had trainees that have been late for me
picking them up. They knew that we had to be there by the appointed
time but did not give a ****. It was down to ****head/me to make the
excuses to the very annoyed site superintendant.

Not me. I just leave the the stupid little ****ers asleep in bed and I
arrive at work on time without them.

--
Adam