Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default This weeks bollockings for you know who:-)

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
They are not my employees.

Oh!
I always thought that you were the Gaffer.
I do beg your pardon.

I wish. This a a much bigger firm than mine! I am a one man band
(that has had apprentices in the past) that now subs for this firm.

--
Adam

Understood.
When I was an apprentice back in 1966 I served my time with a very old
school plumber. He was a total **** with me and worked me like a dog.

In his eyes I was a bone idle ******.

Were you a bone idle ******:-)?

No. But that was the way he spoke to his apprentice.
Ring any bells Adam?

This was the days of standing
at the bus stop in the ****ing down rain.

Those days are still there. I still pass an apprentice at the bus stop
most mornings. I could pick him up at his house on my way to work and
save him 1 hours travel time. In fact I used to do that until he was late
twice (still in bed) when I arrived to pick him up.

I now give the little **** a blast on my van's horn and show him two
fingers as I pass him in a morning.

I don't blame you. I have had trainees that have been late for me picking
them up. They knew that we had to be there by the appointed time but did not
give a ****. It was down to ****head/me to make the excuses to the very
annoyed site superintendant.

For what is worth, there were only two people in the company that I served
my time with that had a car.
One was the Manager, company car.
The other was a big fat useless arrogant redneck known as Harry The Leak.
Nearly every joint he made leaked. He had an Austin A40 and told me that he
could not have me in his car as he was not insured for passengers. I stood
at the bus stop in the ****ing down rain.
Harry had a daughter, she once looked at myself and the foreman like we were
two little pieces of ****.
Harry owned a car. Nobody else could afford one. Harry lived in a council
house. My hated of council estates still burns bright.