Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

With such a small amount of dirty plates etc, you definitely don't
need a dishwasher ! Actually, I may be losing the argument. My
sister who did not want a dishwasher either has now sold out, and
says her new device has "changed here life". Oh dear ;-) Simon.

Unless you have a dishwasher you just can't understand their
effect. I wouldn't go back to being without one. You can take your
washing to a laundrette so the washer would go first.

Are you or were you ever in charge of doing both? I am, since I'm
single, and having to use a launderette would be a dreadful time
waster and chore. Doing the washing up on the other hand takes up
little time.

I also live on my own. I just bought loads more glasses and plates etc to
make sure the dishwasher if full when I use it. Probably twice a week as the
gf stops twice a week and friends also call in and have a few beers etc

However if I had to choose betwen a dishwasher or a washing machine then the
washing machine would win. But then again work is good ATM so I might go
back to paying for my washing doing for me.

--
Adam