Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

On Jun 11, 5:33*am, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Jun 8, 1:25*am, John Williamson
wrote:

..

Investing in building projects is always the first to go when the
economy hits a downturn. Your cash is seriously drained for a 1 or 2
year period depending how quickly you can sell the finished product.

In the meantime you would have been earning interest on the capital on
some other investment.

It was an eye opener to me when the work dried up no that long after
they started importing east Europeans at 2/3 the going rate and about
6 months before the actual crashes happened like dominoes.- Hide quoted text -

True for a commercial builder.
However if you have any money, now might be the time to invest it in
value enhancing options on your own house. (A bit of DIY!)
Unless you cn think of some other investment.

I have a bad feeling about inflation over the next few years.
I think we are all going to hell on a handcart.