Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The House the 50s Built

In article ,
S Viemeister writes:
On 6/7/2012 11:22 PM, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
It's odd the number of blokes who would happily cook for themselves
and learned to sew, clean, mend kit, etc, in the forces, yet were
utterly handless when it came to doing it home. Some of that, of
course was role-playing, and territory and many women of that
generation resented the hubbie's presence in the kitchen.
Otoh, the number of males nowadays who know how to sew on a button or
mend a tear is vanishingly small. Fs, it's hardly rocket science.

The number of _women_ who know how to sew on a button is vanishingly
small, too.

I just spent 2 hours sewing a new pocket into my suit trousers.
Very pleased with the result, and it's _much_ better than the one
I had done by the dry cleaners a few years ago, which took me
longer to repair afterwards than it's just taken me to do the
whole thing myself.

--
Andrew Gabriel