Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

On 6/9/2012 12:00 AM, charles wrote:
In ,
Rod wrote:
"S wrote
On 6/7/2012 11:22 PM, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Otoh, the number of males nowadays who know how to sew on a button or
mend a tear is vanishingly small. Fs, it's hardly rocket science.

The number of _women_ who know how to sew on a button is vanishingly
small, too.

I find that very hard to believe. They wouldn't be available to buy if
that was true.

I sew my own buttons. If I couldn't, it's a service our local dry cleaners
offer.

Many years ago, my family owned and ran a couple of needlework/yarn
shops. It was amazing just how many women had absolutely no idea how to
sew on buttons properly. We had to add that to our list of services offered.