Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Tim Streater explained :
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Tim Streater was thinking very hard :
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

on 08/06/2012, S Viemeister supposed :
On 6/8/2012 10:47 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff presented the following explanation :
Yes I still don't have a dishwasher.

We have, in the util room, but she never uses it. Sore point, she
suggests she does use it sometimes, but I have never heard her
running
it. Brilliant for cleaning engine parts though lol

In the _utility_ room? Whose idea was that???

Er, mine - it was the only spare bit of space and was already plumbed
and wired, she agreed to it being there lol

OK - so where's the washing machine? If that's in the kitchen just
swap
'em over.

Washer/ drier is alongside the dishwasher in the util. The kitchen is a
cooking, dining, general living area so we don't like noisy appliances
in there.

All these appliances can be run overnight, no need to do it when you're
actually occupying the kitchen area.

True, but she prefers lots of storage to appliances in the kitchen and as
the kitchen is part of the main house noise would still be a problem
during the night.

Nope. With a decent modern dishwasher, the most
you have to do is close the door to the kitchen.

The util + pantry part is a single story original extension on the rear.

But she doesn't use the dishwasher.