Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Tim Streater was thinking very hard :
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

on 08/06/2012, S Viemeister supposed :
On 6/8/2012 10:47 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff presented the following explanation :
Yes I still don't have a dishwasher.

We have, in the util room, but she never uses it. Sore point, she
suggests she does use it sometimes, but I have never heard her
running
it. Brilliant for cleaning engine parts though lol

In the _utility_ room? Whose idea was that???

Er, mine - it was the only spare bit of space and was already plumbed
and wired, she agreed to it being there lol

OK - so where's the washing machine? If that's in the kitchen just swap
'em over.

Washer/ drier is alongside the dishwasher in the util. The kitchen is a
cooking, dining, general living area so we don't like noisy appliances in
there.

Nothing to stop you turning it on as you go to bed or go out etc.

Util is just next to kitchen and has its own sink, the washer, dishwasher,
freezer and a bit of extra cupboard space and also forms a drying area
with dehumidifier and fan.

But clearly she doesn't use the dishwasher much.

Just beyond it (through the back of it) is large pantry area I created.
She lost her pantry in redesign 30 years ago and I got that much ear ache
due to its loss, I then converted a disused coal storage room into a
pantry accessed through the back of the util. She tends to stock up as if
the third WW is due to start next week lol

Sounds like time to trade her in on a new one.

Prior to my converting the coal storage into a new pantry, it was used as
a storage area for garden implements, until a large hut was bought. I just
bricked up its access door and made a new door leading directly from the
util.

The fan combined with dehumidifier work brilliantly by the way, for drying
clothes and much more economical than using the drier.