Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default Okay, so, what am I missing here?

Jim Thompson wrote:
"Don't mean to be critical, but these seem like very generic"
questions."

What the hell does that mean?

I think it may have meant something akin to "how do those (generic)
things relate to my (specific) noisy speaker?"

That showed a complete lack of common sense analytical ability. It isn't
just a lack of knowledge. He was being closed-minded.

I actually remember the first time I heard of bias current. It was upon
reading the datasheet for the LM319 comparator about 25 years ago. It took
about 100 ms to realize that, where there is a voltage applied to a finite
resistance, there is also a current, and it comes from the same source. The
reason Dave didn't realize that is not because it was too hard for him.
It's because he didn't know who you were, and assumed you didn't know what
you were talking about, so he didn't even think about it.

He might not know how to calculate Thevinin equivalents (that the parallel
resistance formula is applied to series resistors is not obvious) but he
didn't ask how. He just assumed you were wrong. Yes, he said it nicely at
first, but it was still an arrogant assumption.

zero, and remove the last word.