Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default remote control fireplace starter

I've got a house with a skytech remote control that supposed to turn
on and off the fireplace. My question is where on the net can I buy
another remote similar to what I have. I want to have a 2nd remote in
case the first gets lost or damaged but I was told by one local outfit
that you have to buy it with a new receiver. In other words, I can't
do what I want without replacing the existing receiver in the
fireplace. Anyone know if this is true?

And where on the net can I buy another remote and or remote/receiver ?
This local outfit quoted me $125 for the remote and receiver. He said
I could install the receiver in about 20 minutes. I'm new to this
stuff.