Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Math profs driver's-side mirror: no blind spot

On Jun 8, 1:13*pm, Han wrote:
Harry K wrote :

On Jun 8, 6:43 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"A side-by-side comparison of a standard flat driver's side mirror
with t

he
mirror designed by Dr. R. Andrew Hicks, mathematics professor at
Drexel University. With minimal distortion, Hicks's mirror shows a
much wider fi

eld
of view. Hicks's mirror has a field of view of about 45 degrees,
compared

15 to 17 degrees of view in a flat mirror."

Math: Is there anything it can't do?

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-math-pr...or-patent.html

Of course it is illegal for the mirror to be installed by a car
manufacturer.

I blame the mirror lobby.

I blame some numb nuts for getting that same system standard on the
right side mirror. *One CANNOT judge how far back a vehicle is in
those abortions of mirrors. *The Europeans have had a far better
system for years. *Standard flat mirror with a "wide view" portion on
the outer third.

When I look in a mirror I want to know WHERE a vehicle is, not that
one is there somewhere.

Harry K

Have to second the compliments of the European mirrors. *The outer third
of the driver's side mirror is a wide angle mirror, so you have the best
of both worlds. *Takes minutes to get used to, if you're a slow learner..

--
Best regards
Han

Slap one of these on your US based car and you'll feel like you're in
Europe. Just stay on the right side of the street. ;-)

http://www.greatsku.com/wholesale/3r...mm-silver.html