Bob Brogan

Default Ticked at Rocklear

In article ,
"CW" wrote:

"Bob Brogan" wrote in message news:Ham- My impatience as
you so cleverly put it was determined by the carpenter
I have on site, working. How about I send you the bill for his time to
wait some portion of two weeks?

Is the store responsible for the carpenter you hired?

I also have no reason to think that
they would remove ALL lighting from the store while they've kept loads
of other things like knobs, hinges, bits, books and other things that
I'm sure don't sell as well.

Their store, their decision what to carry. Sorry they didn't feel the need
to consult you on stock.

You didn't read that the SA was having problems so bad he quit over
things like this, done for no reason. Does the proof being in the
pudding come to mind?

If you looked, the stuff had been in the
store and the display was still there and I'd bought it before.

So, if a store decides they want to carry something else or quit carryiing
something, they should what? Go out of business then reopen with a new store
layout?

It's a big store, perhaps 5-7000 sq ft retail space, maybe more. As I
said, I can't think that some of the numerous books sell as well as UC
lights, and no replacement parts like bulbs either as I said.

I don't think you get it. It's not like they have UC lighting and just
not what item or model I wanted. They had NONE, but the section was
still there.

Open your own store. That way you can decide on inventory.

Sorry pal, but what's in the catalog should be in the store. Have you
ever managed a RETAIL store or run a business? I have and the CUSTOMER
is FIRST. In this case that space where the lightings was didn't contain
NEW stuff, just used as a storage spot. You can't sell something folks
don't know is there.

The SA
said it was some new person's decision and that, amongst other things
made him quit and was leaving in 4 days. Do you get the idea that there
are bigger problems when the sales guy quits because of problems like
this? He also alluded to other customer problems like this.

So its an unpopular decision but they don't have to do a popularity poll
before making stocking decisions.

According to the SA, other customers were complaining and management was
not responsive. He was quitting over it so he said.

I also said that if ordered to the store it would take at least 2 weeks
to get there. That is no being impatient. I can order from Lee Valley
and it's shipped in 24-36 hrs.

Then do so. Wasn't that easy?

You can pay for the carpenter to wait. When you can order from the
catlog and it gets to your home in 3-5 days, why should it take 2 WEEKS
to get to the store? Why should the store offer to have it shipped to
the store, why not order it and ship to your home?

Too bad you don't understand customer service. Guys like you are what
are wrecking retail stores when they manage things and make customers
testy with your lack of customer service.

And you can order from Rockler and have it shipped to your home in 24-36
hours also. But if you want it sent to a Rockler *store* you need to

wait until
they have a truck going to the store.

Yes, and?

I shouldn't have to pay for things that should be in the store which
were removed by some management droid based on his desires as revealed
by the sales associate. Remember, this SA had other problems over the
same thing and tried to get the guy to change things. He wouldn't making
the SA's job difficult, so the SA quit as he told me that customers were
complaining and he didn't like having to answser the problems he didn't
create. That says something.

Yes it does. It says they have internal problems and, as you are not an
employee, you have no say in it.

Where did I say I should? You should try reading comprehension classes.

Free shipping = 2 weeks(maybe) in time. Not always a good trade. In this
case, you're forgetting there is a cabinetmaker working on site.

You hired him right? Why is that the stores problem?

It's not, but when I go to get something that had been in the store for
years, and is a COMMON item and in the catalog, it should not be a
problem.

You seem to have a policy that the customer is always wrong and loses.
Glad you don't work in a store I owned. I'd lose customers.

Have you ever managed a retail store? I have. They put extra crap in
the place where the "lighting" stuff was. Not a new product.

If you were the manager there, you would have a say in it. You aren't so you
don't.

Nice try at moving goal posts, but that wasn't the answer to the
question.

I couldn't wait because I have a carpenter working and I'm presently
disabled, unfortunately. You could say it was my mistake for not

calling

Yes.

Had it been what I thought to be a low demand item, or obscure thing,
I'd have done that. I don't think that UC lights are obsecure as
compared to the knobs, bits and other things that are in the store. I
don't think I'd buy that, especially in light of the SA's comments of
other problems this guy is causing. That is what tells...isn't it?

Your way or they are wrong? How many businesses do you know that are a
democracy were the general public votes on stock?

they're not, but in near every case I've seen, when stores make
decisions like this, it bites them eventually because they aren't
serving the customers, they're serving themselves.

Without the customer the store is dead. You'd do well to remember that
if you open or work in a store like this. I've managed a business for 25
years and always had repeat business, except for things that came via a
political connection from a rep who had the client in their pocket. That
happened because I made the customer FIRST, not a casualty of bad
management.
--
Thanks,

Ham