Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air compressor pump recommendations...

I think you were the fellow who wrote, and had one that over heated? That
being the case, you may save a lot of bucks, and buy just the compressor.
Harbor Fright, or Northern Tools should have such. Might even get one with
similar bolt holes, and make a fairly easy swap out. Seeing as how you have
the tank, motor, belts, etc.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On the assumption that owing to age and lack of any parts I'll find the
aforementioned Sanborn is beyond hope, I'll throw the floor open for
nominations for a replacement for 5hp, 140 lb-rated 60 gal vertical
tank. More is always better in volume, of course, within reason.

This is primarily farm use intermittent--large tractor/combine tires are
low pressure but very large volumes so that's a major use as well is the
air hose for blowing dirt from radiators, etc., which is also fairly
high. Air tools are probably third on the use list.

As a secondary, I have brought the w-working shop back and sufficient
for air sanders, etc., is also good.

There appears to be no published spec's on the Sanborn other than the 5
hp/140 lb. I found the owner manual in Dad's cache of stuff for what
it's worth (not a lot altho is parts diagram but they're unobtanium it
appears) but it gives no performance spec at all.

It's model 500A60V -- 5.00 hp, A series, 60 gal vertical tank
apparently. In a rarity, the in service date wasn't written on it; Dad
almost always would do that. Manual print date is apparently 1984 which
I'd guess is reasonable for time frame. It's a replacement of the one
which was here when I went away to school and on to work away from the
farm for 30 yrs in '63-68 but I couldn't remember when that one went away...