Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight accuracy report for $3 multi meters

Thanks. I had to replace batteries in my mini clamp on, left it turned on.
Since then, I took my yellow marker thingie (liquid yellow enamel paint pen
from Napa, like the auto wrecking yard guys use) and marked the rotary
switch, so I can better see if it's turned off.

I also mark the rotary switches of my $3 DMM.

Thank you for the field report, I'm glad they are reasonably accurate. I've
seen the adjuster pot inside, but never adjusted one.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

I've tested the $3 specials side by side with my Fluke 87 and not found
any discrepancies. Their update rate is a bit slow, but other than that
they are just fine. The only drawback to the HF mini clamp meter is it's
use of three CR2032 batteries, but I have yet to replace the originals
several years on so it isn't much of a drawback. Again I've compared
that meter with my hall effect AC/DC clamp and Fluke with good
correlation.