Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

dennis@home wrote:
"tony sayer" wrote in message

Everyone is expected to know what is required of them and
perform accordingly.

Does this include apprentices?

We don't have them. Someone straight from full time education
would probably be allocated a position in "spreadsheet land"
before they went to site.

I never see youngsters on site. The last time I saw what I assumed
were apprentices, they were pulling cables through at a water
treatment works ten years back. They worked for a well known firm
of Welsh Electrical contractors. I remember them because of the
stupid infighting they had with each other, and even watched a
pair being seperated by their colleagues.

I don't think the company still employs such people. Behaviour
like that is not on, indeed on a recent FAT, I saw no one under
25 on their premises [Apart from the somewhat scenic receptionist
of course]. HN

So how do the young learn anything useful if industry doesn't teach
them anything?.

They can't learn it all in school or tech college...

Adam doesn't want to teach them anything..
If he did they would get his job.

I prefer to teach them to think for themselves. Something that we do not
often do these days.

I set the apprentices tasks and challenges that mean they have to think for
themselves instead of me just wiping their arses. They do not like it. They
like to live in a world where they are protected by their Mother and have
everything done for them.

--
Adam