Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

Everyone is expected to know what is required of them and perform
accordingly.

Does this include apprentices?

We don't have them. Someone straight from full time education would
probably be allocated a position in "spreadsheet land" before they
went to site.

I never see youngsters on site. The last time I saw what I assumed
were apprentices, they were pulling cables through at a water
treatment works ten years back. They worked for a well known firm of
Welsh Electrical contractors. I remember them because of the stupid
infighting they had with each other, and even watched a pair being
seperated by their colleagues.

I don't think the company still employs such people. Behaviour like
that is not on, indeed on a recent FAT, I saw no one under 25 on their
premises [Apart from the somewhat scenic receptionist of course].

HN

So how do the young learn anything useful if industry doesn't teach them
anything?.

They can't learn it all in school or tech college...

--
Tony Sayer