Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unbeliever[_3_] Unbeliever[_3_] is offline

Default Apprentice bollockings for this week

ARWadsworth wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:

[Snip]

Lights are not on the list. It's not needed in this case.

lights on a vehicle have to be in working order - even during
daylight hours.

The lights are not on the check list as we do not need the
apprentices to check them on a weekly basis because of the way the
vans are parked up at night.

Don't really want to **** you off Adam, but obligatory lights, tyres, oil,
horn, water and washer fluid should be checked on a daily basis by the
*driver* whether on a weekly 'list' or not - as your firm and drivers will
find out if the VOSA pulls the vehicles in for a roadside inspection, and if
these are involved in a serious accident and VOSA gets involved, they go
even deeper, and dig rather deeply into the history of the vehicles past
safety inspections (should be done monthly) along with their service and
maintenance records.

So just out of curiosity, are the vehicles being checked daily by the
driver, with the weekly 'list' simply being used as a part of a 'training
plan' for the apprentices?

Now from the comments you make here about those apprentices, its surprising
that the more hot-headed of them haven't decided to run a weekly 'hooter
test' and 'modify' your nose with their fist - and I wonder how many of
those comments of yours are actually factual!