Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default How quickly does a rat die in a typical rat trap

bob haller writes:

Have had rats here in the house.

Have dogs so I dont want to use poision..... Might make a dog sick or
kill it. dogs are my kids.......

One died in a rat snap trap. I heard the snap and a blood curdling
death scream. at least it was over fast..... I didnt sleep the rest of
the night......

Live havahart traps, the rats didnt go near them planned on catch
and release in a rural area. I DONT like killing anything!

The neighborhood is over run. They probably moved from a nearby wooded
area now cleared for more shopping centers We also aquired a herd
of deer... that live among the homes

Anyway the neighbor started shooting rats and used poision bait. we
cleaned up the yard a lot.......

one key to minimizing rats is have nice clean yards with nothing
sitting around.......

Another key is to make sure no neighbors are feeding them.
Some people seem to think it's okay to feed cats outside
or to feed the cute deer or racoons.

Instant population explosion.

--
Dan Espen