David Cawkwell

Default New TV aerial choice?

I'm thinking of replacing our rather cheap TV aerial with a new
aerial to improved channel 5 reception and hopefully allow us
to pick up digital TV.

We have two aerials on the roof the top has 10 elements with a small back
plate
and the lower has 10 elements with a larger backplate. Reception of channel
5
on the lower one is pretty good but poor on the higher one.

I notice looking in Maplin that they have several aerials which should get
much better
reception than the aerials I currently have but most don't mention a group.

Also cpc have aerials which quote different groups A,B,C/D,W/B

Questions
1. Will picking a particular aerial group be better or should I simply pick
an
aerial W/B that will? pick up a wide bandwidth.
2. I notice a large difference in the number of elements some having up to
90 elements making
the aerial 2 metres long. Is more elements better?
3. Any advice on make Triax,Antiference,Televes,funke,Maxview

Any advice please. There are simply too many aerials to choose from.