Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default humane mouse trap

On Jun 1, 11:49*am, Graham. wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:16:36 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:05:09 +0100, Graham. wrote:

Brian, in one of the pictures, having being caught in semi-transparent
plastic box, he is standing to his full height on his little hind legs
looking rather indignant to say the least.

Thinking "What's that blue thing, can I jump out?" *The shallow box
is no challenge, the deeper one might require a bit of a scrabble at
the top depending on how used to jumping the little blighter is.

The last picture shows him being released in the local park and the
house-mouse starting his new life as a fieldmouse.

I think it's a field mouse (apodemus sylvaticus) anyway as it's
fairly dark brown, it's tail is the same length as its body and white
underneath. House mice (mus domesticus) are a lighter brown or grey
in colour and have a tail shorter than their body. House mice are
lighter underneath but not white.

If local park has housing within a mile or two it will be back inside
somewhere almost before the captor has got home...

...If the urban foxes don't get it first, although I would guess a
domestic cat would me more nimble on its toes.

I once saw a cat toying with a mouse on our lawn. It would let it run
a few yards, then pounce on it and pat it with its paw a bit, then
repeat the process. I remember the cat sitting nonchalantly,
pretending to ignore the mouse. Unfortunately, it misjudged one
attempt and mousey made it to safety under the garden shed. Serve you
right, you sadistic feline...

--
Halmyre