Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default humane mouse trap

In article ,
Mathew Newton writes:
Don't do what a friend of mine did though... As much as she wanted rid of it, the thought of killing a 'cute little mouse' with a conventional trap horrified her so she plumped for a humane trap instead. Only problem was she forgot to check it regularly enough and one day found a mouse in it.... dead... it'd got trapped in that tiny space and must've slowly starved to death.

They can only live a very short time (some hours) with no food or
water.

My grandmother wouldn't hurt a fly. She came to stay once when we had
mice (which turned out to be living off a bag of grass seed in the
loft, although we didn't yet know that).

One ran behind a little chest of drawers in her room whilst my dad was
trying to catch it. She lifted up the drawers, realised they were a
bit too heavy, and dropped them. That was the end of that mouse...

--
Andrew Gabriel