Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default humane mouse trap

On 01/06/2012 09:37, Mathew Newton wrote:

Don't do what a friend of mine did though... As much as she wanted
rid of it, the thought of killing a 'cute little mouse' with a
conventional trap horrified her so she plumped for a humane trap
instead. Only problem was she forgot to check it regularly enough and
one day found a mouse in it.... dead... it'd got trapped in that tiny
space and must've slowly starved to death.

I've used these successfully to trap mice on the loose here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Big-Chee.../dp/B000LS57UE

After it had caught a couple, SWMBO left one of the traps outside on the
patio open to dry after washing out unmentionables left by the previous
residents.

It dutifully trapped another one. :-(

I held the trap upward so that the opening was at the top, and stared at
the cutest small baby white mouse I had ever seen. It also stared back
at me and probably thought I perhaps didn't look that cute. Nevertheless
we shared the moment(!) until I walked down the garden and out of the
back gate, where mousey decided to leg it jumping from an almost
suicidal height (for a mouse).

Never seen again. I miss 'im.

--
Adrian C