Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Computer CPU & powersupply questions

On Fri, 25 May 2012 22:55:01 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

I still ordered a replacement power supply, just
cause I've heard that Bestec ATX250's are known to occasionally have
problems, and I would like to have a replacement on hand.

Argh! The Bestec ATX250-12E was used in eMachines between about 2002
and 2004. Their track record was dismal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTaqfwf3lEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItq_T52hdM
The author of the first video claims that other model power supplies
are OK, but that hasn't been my experience. I've lost one or two
ATX250-12Z power supplies, which is what you probably have in your
Compaq.

Could I trouble you to supply the full power supply part number
instead of truncating it?

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#