Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20994 Ignoramus20994 is offline

Default GLOAT die heaven

Awesome moment! Those dies will come very handy.

Kind of related... Someone gifted me remnants of an old welder
yesterday. The windings yielded 60 lbs of clean copper, plus about 400
lbs of steel, plus he gave me a frame for a go cart. I will actually
make a go cart.

There is a story behind the welder. I bought it 2 years ago for $0.99
on ebay and sold for $100 or so to the above mentioned person. He
modified it extensively and used for a couple of years. We kept on
good relationship and I gifted him some capacitors for the welder.

Eventually, the welder died and I picked up the scrap.

On 2012-05-25, Karl Townsend wrote:
My son knew of a pile of press brake dies at his work. They are
cleaning up this week, so he brought the 3/4 ton pickup. He got a
scrap tag for 265 lb. steel ($.25 a lb.), thinking to get a few. His
boss told him to clean it up. "The Kid" said he was afraid to put more
in the truck when he was done, too much weight. He was sure to get
every form they had. Anyway, I got more press brake dies than I know
what to do with.

Should go well with the new shop press.

Karl