Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default New Lightweight Exoskeleton Suit being developed

On Thu, 24 May 2012 05:49:17 -0700
Larry Jaques wrote:

First, thanks to everyone, Don, David and Larry for your suggestions on
where to go/start next. I'm in no way lacking for books to read, but
I'll be adding more of your Ringo suggestions to my reading as time
permits.

snip
I finally cracked it last night and will read it over the weekend.
Yeah, about the second chapter, I was wondering if I was going to
finish it, but now that I'm at the tenth, I'm glad I did. Sonny is one
helluva machine.

Yup, I feel the same way. You'll have to bust some butt though, that
tome is about three times longer than most books. I convert them to
audio/mp3 files and listen to them while out walking or getting in my
exercise. I can read just fine but that is when I have the most time
available for perusing fiction. Seeing that my audio conversion sets a
pretty steady pace it really gives good insight into how long any text
is.

snip
My buddy in D.C. turned me on to W.E.B. Griffin, whose Corps and
Presidential Agent series books are absolutely wonderful, and Stephen
Hunter, whose 2 Swagger series are outrageously good.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/w-e-b-griffin/
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/stephen-hunter/

I've frequented used book sales for ~20 years. Used to pick up W.E.B.
Griffin stuff for my old boss. I knew it was pretty popular because it
turns up a lot at the sales. Haven't tried any myself yet. My tastes are
all over the place (Western, SciFi, Classic, Mystery...) except I
don't go for biographies.

Have you read any of the "Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins
yet? Supposedly written for young adults... but hey, I liked Harry
Potter too. They really smoke along and you will very likely have a
hard time putting one down. The whole series (3 books) is about equal
in length to "The Road to Damascus".

Another old timer that is somewhat prophetical is "Brave New World" by
Aldous Huxley. It isn't very long, but considering it was written in
1931, he had some insight into where we (civilization) was headed
years ago... See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_new_world

You might find it a bit tedious, but I know I am glad I took the time
to read (or rather listen) to it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b