Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default What's The Drill?

On Tue, 22 May 2012 20:46:39 -0700, Mike M
today, but I'm heavily invested and on disability so not likely to
change unless I'm back in the trades when anything that makes the day
go better is justified.

You're right of course. I heavily invested too when I bought a DeWalt
six tool package. And of course, shortly after that I also bought a
few other DeWalt tools that could use the same batteries. So, I
understand completely.

But, after buying a 12v DeWalt impact drill along with a 12v
temperature gun, both using lithium ion batteries, I know that if the
18v drill with its XRP batteries ever dies on me, I won't get it
fixed, I'll just upgrade.

I don't have a lot of money either, but I don't own a car and don't
have a family to support. (my loss) So, tools are one of my few vices.

And that is something my best friend supports whole heartedly, since
he is my sole beneficiary. And until that time, many of my tools
frequently live over at his place. 8-)