Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default heat treat queries

On 20/05/2012 23:55, Karl Townsend wrote:

I literally have a clothes basket filled with thermocouples. Most are
brand new in various configureations..with the majority of them being
metal covered platinum K type

If Karl wants a few..simple drop me an email and tell me what style etc
he needs

Gunner

Thanks, I'll take you up on that. I'm pretty sure my good friend Don
Foreman can find a way to read temps with it.

Karl

At 2000F a type K is giving you about 50 millivolts and you can read
that on an ordinary DVM. But a chinese thermocouple meter from ebay is
cheap and easy and should be accurate enough for your needs.