Kevin Singleton

Default Ticked at Rockler

I addition to that, I placed an order via their online catalog on Saturday,
and received everything ordered (including a couple of obscure hardware
items) on the Friday following, all for the nominal shipping cost of $8.99,
which would have remained the same had I ordered almost $40 more in
merchandise, and which included a box more than 4 feet long. The only
reason I'll go to the store, which is a long way off, through very heavy
traffic, is to fondle ...err, handle the products before purchasing.

This is not my first order from Rockler, but it is another example of the
very satisfactory service I've received every time I've had the pleasure to
do business with them. Since I moved to Pennsylvania, I've been diligently
seeking replacements for all the stores I frequented in Dallas, and it's
comforting to know that I'll soon have a Rockler store nearby. It's one
less change I'll have to endure up here in Yankeeland.

Now, where to buy maple, and how come there's no good chili?

Kevin
"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
om...

Now I'm impressed. Rockler cruises the wreck. As if I needed another
excuse to spend all my money there.

-Dan V.

On 1 Apr 2004 15:09:53 -0800, (Scott Ekman)
wrote:

Dear Kevin,

I'm excited that you went to visit our new store in Pittsburgh, but am
sorry we aren't open yet. We made a mistake on our website - that
store page was not supposed to be active yet. Please accept my
apologies for wasting your time.

I hope you enjoy the store when it's open. If you sign up for the
store's e-mail notification list (
http://www.rockler.com/retail/e_news.cfm?&store=31 )
the store manager will send you an e-mail as soon as it is open.

Scott Ekman
Rockler Internet Director

"Kevin Singleton" wrote in message

I found their Pittsburgh store on their web site, and drove to the

listed
address because I didn't want to wait for mail order. I couldn't find

the
store where they said it should be, so I called the order line. They

don't
open 'til late April! The dang web site could at least mention that

they
ain't open, yet!

Kevin