Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default Anyone heard of Emerson/White Rodgers "Cool Savings" feature on theirthermostats?

I have an Emerson thermostat that claims to have a feature called cool
savings...

I tried to Google this feature and Emerson says its designed to adjust
the programmed set point temperature during high demand use of a central
air conditioner. I think they mean that the thermostat will call on the
variable speed fan/ECM fan will blow faster to similate cooler air,
without the compressor running all the time, but that's just my guess

I can't really get any more information other than that.

I've only had this blower unit/furnace and thermostat for 4 months so no
history with it. Today was first day using the aircond this year
however A coil and compressor unit are 14 years old, and were run on a
different thermostat the past 13 summers.

Anyone care to explain what this feature is and how it works? Emerson
"Cool Savings"