Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT gun silencers

On 2012-05-20, wrote:

OTOH this is pretty quiet, even in a stock rifle.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM057-5.html

Yep.

I watched a guy shooting sub-somic ammo at our range through a hvy brl
target rifle. It was literally as quiet as those Hollywood suppressed
movie pistols. It was hilarious to watch, cuz the guy walked up to
his bench dressed like an active military shooting team member, OD
fatigues, jarhead hat, heavy leather GI shooting jacket with slings
and straps and all that Camp Perry crap, scopes, blackout glasses,
honkin big prone position layout pad, etc. We all put down our rifles
and watched this guy meticulously lay out his setup and don his gear
getting prepared to shoot, thinking he was gonna whip out some big
bore long arm and start banging away at 200 yrd targets. Nope! The
rifle was impressive, prolly a Rem 40X, with iron target sights, etc,
but only .22 rimfire. It merely went "poof", "poof". Cracked me up,
but I'll never forget it. Compared to everyone else on the firing
line, we could barely hear his gun's report. Would be perfect for
hunting squurrels or rabbits under 50 yds. Be aware, I've heard some
sub-sonic ammo will not cycle a semi-auto.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs