Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. IMF

Windmill wrote:
The Natural Philosopher writes:

Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2012 21:19:26 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

John Rumm wrote
Another Dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Another Dave wrote
If that had been done with Churchill, you lot would have put your
hands up as quickly as the frogs and the pseudokrauts (dutch) did
if that was done with more than just prime ministers.
Churchill was in power for 5 years before we, wisely, threw him out. He
didn't have time to go gaga - he did that later when we, unwisely,
elected him in 1951. This was the first time he was elected PM. It is
what happens to politicians after a certain time in power that I object
to, not the politicians themselves.
For example, unlike TNP, I thought Tony Blair was a breath of fresh air
until he stayed too long.
And I bet he would have shot back if you had tried it with just
prime ministers too.
Maggy in spades.
Another PM who stayed far too long.
and yet even here most gaga prognostications on Europe turned out to
be bang on...
But she was so far out of her tree that she tried to have the poll tax.
The conservatives were (and still are) so far apart from ordinary people
that they thought everyone lived at convenient addresses so they could
collect the poll tax from everyone!

Poll tax was a good idea, but not all at once.

Isn't Council Tax just a watered-down poll tax? The gummint still knows
(in theory) where you live.

The difference is that council tax is based o notional value of a house,
whereas poll tax was based on how many people lived there.

It was a direct attack on the principle of robbing people who have stuff
to give it to useless layabouts who haven't. It might have actually
connected how much people did that was costing the councils money, with
the people who caused the costs: naturally that would have blown a
hole big enough to drive a Sherman tank through in the ideology of the
Left, which is why it had to be stopped forever.

Since the while point of Leftism is that *you* work and suffer, *I* do
nothing, and profit. Leftism is all about redistribution of someone
else's wealth, not actually creating any

and how hard it is to achieve it.