Mark & Juanita

Default Storage of hardware - ideas needed please. (possible duplicate)

In article m,
says...
.... snip

Reading the archives, I came up with some broken links and a few ideas (and
I am still googling away). But one thing the years spent here have taught
me - I will not be the only one to benefit from a discussion on this subject
(I've seen photos of a lot of your shops guys).

So, I want to sort myself out and create some sort of sensible,
c l e a r l y l a b e l l e d , storage system. This is where you can
help, if you have a sensible, easy to store, retrieve and labelled hardware
system in your shop - I'd really appreciate seeing any pics you may have. If
you have a link, great.

Take a look on my page, www.mklange.cnc.net, both in the "Shop
Pictures" and "Woodworking Pictures #2", look in the corner for the
storage bin system with yellow bins. It was not a cheap solution, but I
got the storage bin system from www.northerntool.com,
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...roductDisplay?
storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=
38934&categoryId=867

It looks like they are having a sale on this unit, $200 is not a bad
price for the amount of storage provided. By adding the dividers in the
drawers, you can store and organize a large amount of nuts, bolts,
screws, and other small items. One thing I want to do in the future is
wrap a cabinet enclosure around the metal skeleton and add doors to 1)
eliminate the amount of dust collected by the open bins and 2) make it
look more like a part of a wood shop vs. a warehouse. But that's a few
projects down the road.