Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT. IMF

Another Dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Another Dave wrote

If that had been done with Churchill, you lot would have put your hands
up as quickly as the frogs and the pseudokrauts (dutch) did if that was
done with more than just prime ministers.

Churchill was in power for 5 years before we, wisely, threw him out.

And he was widely regarded as a buffoon in the years before he
ever got to be prime minister, so if you lot had actually been stupid
enough to execute all prominent politicians and not just prime
ministers if they had been around for more than 5 years, you lot would
have just put your hands up as quickly as the frogs and the pseudokrauts
did.

He didn't have time to go gaga

He was always gaga about some stuff like the empire.

- he did that later when we, unwisely, elected him in 1951. This was the
first time he was elected PM.

You never said anything about elected PMs.

It is what happens to politicians after a certain time in power that I
object to, not the politicians themselves.

Depends entirely on what you call power.

For example, unlike TNP, I thought Tony Blair was a breath of fresh air
until he stayed too long.

He was always completely off with the ****ing fairys
on stuff like the involvement in the second Iraq war.

And I bet he would have shot back if you had tried it with just prime
ministers too.

Maggy in spades.

Another PM who stayed far too long.

You can say that about all of them except the complete
duds that got the bums rush the first time the voters got
to pull the plug on them like that fool Major.