Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another Dave Another Dave is offline

Default OT. IMF

On 19/05/2012 02:09, Rod Speed wrote:
Another Dave wrote

If that had been done with Churchill, you lot would have put your
hands up as quickly as the frogs and the pseudokrauts (dutch) did
if that was done with more than just prime ministers.

Churchill was in power for 5 years before we, wisely, threw him out. He
didn't have time to go gaga - he did that later when we, unwisely,
elected him in 1951. This was the first time he was elected PM. It is
what happens to politicians after a certain time in power that I object
to, not the politicians themselves.
For example, unlike TNP, I thought Tony Blair was a breath of fresh air
until he stayed too long.

And I bet he would have shot back if you had tried it with just prime
ministers too.

Maggy in spades.

Another PM who stayed far too long.

Another Dave