Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table with AC

(Top-posting to save you time)

I just wanted to let you know that my fan motor install worked out
successfully. I wish to thank again those of you who helped me to learn
by allowing me to acquire further experience, knowledge and tools!

If you would like to read more details, I posted a more detailed message
at alt.hvac.

I'll start my workbench tomorrow! Maybe I can talk her into helping me
mow the lawn? : )

Cheers,
Bill

Bill wrote:

FYI/FWIW:
I had a dual capacitor system, the dual capacitor will still power
the compressor. New fan motor now gets its own capacitor,

New motor has 4 wires:

Both Brown & Brown/Whitestripe are going to the new capacitor (as
labeled on the motor). Black and Yellow are labeled as Line.
Black is going where it always did (thank you, Black),
and Yellow (remember Yellow?), it going to be wired
to the terminal labeled "Common" on the dual capacitor.
This is equivalent to connecting it to the switched side of the
contactor (as there is another yellow wire from there to the terminal
mentioned above labeled Common). Therefore I believe I am being
faitherful to the the wiring diagram.

That doesn't mean my ears are closed (except to those who would
spread fear).

BTW, the fan blade came off of the rotor like butter...
And I'm plenty confident I tightened the nut holding the it on the
new rotor enough! I never seem to mess that part up (occasional stripped
nuts and screw (holes), yes).

Cheers,
Bill