Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default A/V Receiver Recomendations?

On Thu, 17 May 2012 21:18:55 -0700, josephkk
wrote:

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:26:01 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Pardon me if this is a repost for you. For some reason it totally vanished
he

Technology has caught up with me...

Looks like the modern world of home theater all talks HDMI.

(All my present A/V is 18 years old :-)

So I looking for receiver recommendations.

I'm looking at the Denon AVR-1312...

http://tinyurl.com/8xsbgbs

Comments? Alternative recommendations?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Denon works pretty well but is a bit overpriced. The first real question
is: does i do the things i currently need. The next and more important
question is: will it do the things i can foresee needing. After that find
models, and compare price, reliability and whatever else you want.

You seem to have an unanswered need in dealing with some digital format
(HDMI and SPDIF) to a box not able to accommodate them. There are
converters, consider one of them before giving up.

?-)

Just trying to minimize the "jungle".

I think the HDMI RF link will do the trick. Just so many of them to
choose from with price ranges from reasonable to outrageous... Like
$129 to $800.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |