Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

Default A/V Receiver Recomendations?

Pardon me if this is a repost for you. For some reason it totally vanished
he

Technology has caught up with me...

Looks like the modern world of home theater all talks HDMI.

(All my present A/V is 18 years old :-)

So I looking for receiver recommendations.

I'm looking at the Denon AVR-1312...

http://tinyurl.com/8xsbgbs

Comments? Alternative recommendations?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--

| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:26:01 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Pardon me if this is a repost for you. For some reason it totally vanished
he

Technology has caught up with me...

Looks like the modern world of home theater all talks HDMI.

(All my present A/V is 18 years old :-)

So I looking for receiver recommendations.

I'm looking at the Denon AVR-1312...

http://tinyurl.com/8xsbgbs

Comments? Alternative recommendations?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Denon works pretty well but is a bit overpriced. The first real question
is: does i do the things i currently need. The next and more important
question is: will it do the things i can foresee needing. After that find
models, and compare price, reliability and whatever else you want.

You seem to have an unanswered need in dealing with some digital format
(HDMI and SPDIF) to a box not able to accommodate them. There are
converters, consider one of them before giving up.

?-)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Pardon me if this is a repost for you. For some reason it totally vanished
he

Technology has caught up with me...

Looks like the modern world of home theater all talks HDMI.

(All my present A/V is 18 years old :-)

So I looking for receiver recommendations.

I'm looking at the Denon AVR-1312...

http://tinyurl.com/8xsbgbs

Comments? Alternative recommendations?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Best value, most features, and decades of design expertise...

Pioneer.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Just trying to minimize the "jungle".

I think the HDMI RF link will do the trick. Just so many of them to
choose from with price ranges from reasonable to outrageous... Like
$129 to $800.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Hmmm. I might characterize that as high to unreasonable. Plus i am not
all that sure that the RF link will output in a form that your existing
equipment can understand.
A coworker bought a Ethernet (mp3) to analog converter for over $200. I
said overpriced, but it does the job. Point an audio stream to it and the
sound comes out of the stereo.

?-)