Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default OT. IMF

In message
,
harry writes
We're told that the UK gets interest from money sent to the IMF.So
what happens to that money if Greece for instance defaults?
Can we get it back or has it gone forever?
(Can we get it back even if there are no defaults?)

We loan money to the IMF not to Greece, so the IMF still owes us.

The IMF doesn't bail out countries, in reality it bails out those who
have loaned money to those countries.
It's a bit like the debt management adverts on TV.
Let us consolidate all your debts into one easy to manage repayment
premium.
They aren't half theiving pillocks these Greeks.
Did you see the programme last night on the box?

The real pillocks are those who were so fanatical about the euro project
and making it as large as possible that they didn't check the figures.
--
hugh