Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default HOA sides with thieves

On May 16, 5:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Well, as some of my previous posts regarding HOA's might suggest I am
not a big fan. I lived with a Gestapo group in Andover, KS for about
9 years and I will never live in an association neighborhood again.

With that said, bars do give the home and the neighborhood an image of
not being such a good place to buy or live. From the sounds of the
news story that might be exactly the case.

RonB