Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA sides with thieves

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...151651355.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 6:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Normally I DONT LIKE HOAs rules however in this case what is the home
owner trying to accomplish?

note the photo, theres a glass wndow in view at ground level.

a burglar could easily use the window to gain access.............

the home owners hard earned money would of been better spent on a good
security system
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 6:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Do you have bars on -your- windows and doors, or are you on the side
of thieves... or are you just an intellectual turd...?
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-conce
rned-about-neighborhood-crime-fights-HOA
-over-burglar-bars-151651355.html

has a length of 113 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/77gx3xl

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"bob haller" wrote in message
On May 16, 6:46 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Normally I DONT LIKE HOAs rules however in this case what is the home
owner trying to accomplish?

note the photo, theres a glass wndow in view at ground level.

a burglar could easily use the window to gain access.............

the home owners hard earned money would of been better spent on a good
security system

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 8:34*am, bob haller wrote:
On May 16, 6:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Normally I DONT LIKE HOAs rules however in this case what is the home
owner trying to accomplish?

note the photo, theres a glass wndow in view at ground level.

a burglar could easily use the window to gain access.............

the home owners hard earned money would of been better spent on a good
security system

Yes, I noticed that right away too. And those bars sure
do look like hell. I would have gone with a security system
as you suggest. Also, if he wants to make the door more
difficult to gain access through, a more secure door
correctly installed and a good lockset would accomplish
most of what he's getting with those bars. I'd side with
the HOA on this one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

-snip-
most of what he's getting with those bars. I'd side with
the HOA on this one.

Unless someone has been tricked into or forced to buy a home that
falls under HOA rules, I'll side with the HOA every time. There are
lots of laws that we comply with that we have little control over--
buy avoiding HOA rules is pretty easy. Just don't buy the house.

Jim
[just saw another where a lady is facing several thousands of dollars
in fines for planting flowers where the rules say she can't-- Why?]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Makes me wonder what the back of the house is like?
Easy kick doors, glass, and so on?

Might have been better use of money and energy to
invest in alarm system, and buy the wife a couple
baseball bats and pepper spray?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

the home owners hard earned money would
of been better spent on a good
security system

Yes, I noticed that right away too. And those bars sure
do look like hell. I would have gone with a security system
as you suggest. Also, if he wants to make the door more
difficult to gain access through, a more secure door
correctly installed and a good lockset would accomplish
most of what he's getting with those bars. I'd side with
the HOA on this one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 10:36*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
" wrote:

-snip-

most of what he's getting with those bars. *I'd side with
the HOA on this one.

Unless someone has been tricked into or forced to buy a home that
falls under HOA rules, I'll side with the HOA every time.

I would not go that far. HOA's can misapply the covenants or rules.
Or they can make up new rules
that exceed their authority. That's why sometimes the
homeowners win if they go to court. But in this case,
the guy may not have a leg to stand on. One interesting
aspect is that some other homes do have similar bars.
It would be interesting to see how they came to be, if
they got approval, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2012 10:12 AM, wrote:
On May 16, 8:34 am, bob wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, wrote:

[...]

I agree....bars sufficient to keep out burglars may also keep out
fire/rescue folks. Happens every now and then, esp in high-crime
neighborhoods. I rather like the idea of a "safe room" (especially in a
rural area) with a sturdy door and a cell phone that stays charged and
in the room.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

He should just have them "on" the door but the security door will stop
the majority of burglars that want easy access to the doors.

Think about it this way: You see someone hauling a large screen TV out
of a window or a door; which one looks more suspicious?

They also give you breathing room when you answer the door, so a criminal
can't rush in when you open the door.

They also reduce the intrusion level of solicitors (like Mormons/Jehovah's
Witnesses/*PIRGS) who blithely ignore a "No Solicitors" sign and bang on
your door anyway.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:40:01 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

On 5/16/2012 10:12 AM, wrote:
On May 16, 8:34 am, bob wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, wrote:

[...]

And why not a 200' tunnel from the safe room in case the burglars
brought a couple cans of gas to torch the place?
I'm just glad I don't live in a high crime area.
Somebody did steal my wheelbarrow recently. Probably the scrap metal
collectors that cruise by all the time. *******s.
If I was in a high crime area, I'd look at a few options.
1. Move.
2. See if crime could be reduced (Neighborhood watch, etc.)
3. A loud alarm system and a Remington autoloader backup.

Making my home a fort isn't an option.

--
Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2012 10:59 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
gonjah wrote:
He should just have them "on" the door but the security door will stop
the majority of burglars that want easy access to the doors.

Think about it this way: You see someone hauling a large screen TV out
of a window or a door; which one looks more suspicious?

They also give you breathing room when you answer the door, so a criminal
can't rush in when you open the door.

They also reduce the intrusion level of solicitors (like Mormons/Jehovah's
Witnesses/*PIRGS) who blithely ignore a "No Solicitors" sign and bang on
your door anyway.

Jon

We put up a "no solicitors" sign because they were waking my nephew from
his naps.

A guy rang anyway and I asked if he read the sign. He told me "I did but
I don't smoke."
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On May 16, 6:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Normally I DONT LIKE HOAs rules however in this case what is the home
owner trying to accomplish?

note the photo, theres a glass wndow in view at ground level.

a burglar could easily use the window to gain access.............

the home owners hard earned money would of been better spent on a good
security system

bars prevent break ins by making it harder for a criminal to access
the building. A security system notifies the homeowner and hopefully
the police that someone has just broken in and is in the process of
doing things that they're not supposed to be doing.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:

I agree....bars sufficient to keep out burglars may also keep out
fire/rescue folks. Happens every now and then, esp in high-crime
neighborhoods. I rather like the idea of a "safe room" (especially
in a rural area) with a sturdy door and a cell phone that stays
charged and in the room.

Believe me, some piddly burglar bars are not going to keep out the fire
department! They've got gear that can pull down* the whole damn house! The
apartment house across from me caught on fire about three years ago and the
first fire truck (they ended up with FORTY-TWO pieces of fire equipment on
the scene) pulled down the IRON PICKET FENCE and didn't break a sweat.

Your idea of a "safe room" has much merit. I'm reinforcing a walk-in closet
to act as one, even though my house has burglar bars. I'm replacing the
interior sheerock with 3/4" plywood and putting up a steel-clad door with
interior throw-bolts. The closet will have an electrical outlet for the
'phone charger. And a .38 revolver with a box of ammunition.

I'm not sure whether a slot to pass a food tray will be required - I'm
thinking multi-use here.

---
* I recently found out where the term "Hook & Ladder" originated. Around the
turn of the last century, municipal fire departments were not tasked to put
out fires in a three-story brownstone - how much fire could the apparatus
extinguish with only 200 gallons of water on the horse-powered fire truck.
No, their job was to prevent the fire from spreading. To do that, brick- and
stone-faced buildings had steel eyelets attached to their facade. The
firemen, upon arrival, would use their "ladder" to attach a "hook" to the
eyelets and pull down the front of the building!

Just a bit of trivia...

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
He should just have them "on" the door but the security door will
stop the majority of burglars that want easy access to the doors.

Think about it this way: You see someone hauling a large screen TV
out of a window or a door; which one looks more suspicious?

They also give you breathing room when you answer the door, so a
criminal can't rush in when you open the door.

They also reduce the intrusion level of solicitors (like
Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses/*PIRGS) who blithely ignore a "No
Solicitors" sign and bang on your door anyway.

Jon

We put up a "no solicitors" sign because they were waking my nephew
from his naps.

A guy rang anyway and I asked if he read the sign. He told me "I did
but I don't smoke."

I had a couple of black girls bang on my door a couple of weeks ago. When I
pointed to the sign and stated, "The sign says no solicitors", the smart one
said, "We're not prostitutes!".

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

gpsman wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Do you have bars on -your- windows and doors, or are you on the side
of thieves... or are you just an intellectual turd...?
-----

I have burglar bars on the window and doors. I also have a monitored alarm
system, both intrusion and fire. Should the stink-eyes defeat those
obstacles, I have a pistol in almost every room augmented by a shotgun in
the room of the master's repose. We're also protected by a Maine Coon cat,
although, admittedly, he's pretty much of a wuss.

Why would you ask such a question? Unless, of course, you wanted to find out
whether a trip to my house during the dark of the moon (or the total solar
eclipse this coming Sunday) would be worth the effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
He should just have them "on" the door but the security door will
stop the majority of burglars that want easy access to the doors.

Think about it this way: You see someone hauling a large screen TV
out of a window or a door; which one looks more suspicious?
They also give you breathing room when you answer the door, so a
criminal can't rush in when you open the door.

They also reduce the intrusion level of solicitors (like
Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses/*PIRGS) who blithely ignore a "No
Solicitors" sign and bang on your door anyway.

Jon

We put up a "no solicitors" sign because they were waking my nephew
from his naps.

A guy rang anyway and I asked if he read the sign. He told me "I did
but I don't smoke."

I had a couple of black girls bang on my door a couple of weeks ago. When I
pointed to the sign and stated, "The sign say no solicitors", the smart one
said, "We're not prostitutes!".

Jon

LOL. Good one.
Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

On Wed, 16 May 2012 05:46:43 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

Same old story. Baby in danger! Vet ordered to take flag down! Ect
ect! Call the media cause they always love it. Going after the nasty
old HOAs always sells newspapers.

The other side is the same old story too. Buy a house, sign for the
rules, then cry loudly when you get caught breaking them.

I have a security door. But I applied for an HOA permit *before* I put
it up. This is one case where getting permission IS easier than
getting forgiveness...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:04:52 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

I'm just glad I don't live in a high crime area.

I happen to live in an HOA community. Six homes on my street. Two
houses on one side have four retired law enforcement officers, two
each. The HOA President lives across the street from me. He really
leaves me alone if a leaf falls off a tree. I had to teach him there
was 99 shades of white paint for fascia trim - put him on the carpet I
did.

The neighbor around the corner and across my fence is close to being a
retired law enforcement officer.

Image the fire power on my street. I even have an agreement with the
guy next door that if a crook jumps from my yard into his I'm allowed
to shoot, if his dogs don't get him first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Image the fire power on my street. I even have an agreement with the
guy next door that if a crook jumps from my yard into his I'm allowed
to shoot, if his dogs don't get him first.

When I moved out of Chicago 15 years ago, I first looked at the
Edgebrook neighborhood, which is still Chicago, but on the northern
edge. Real nice area, with forest preserves, good traffic, pretty
houses, low crime, etc.
Couldn't afford it though, and I'm happy where I ended up.
Reason for the low crime in Edgebrook and Edison Park and a couple
other northern Chicago neighborhoods is partly because they're full of
cops and firemen.
Maybe 40 years ago old man Daley cracked down on city employees living
in the suburbs, which was against the law.
Some got fired.
Those edge neighborhoods filled up with cops, firemen and teachers.
Got real expensive too.
But they're the safest neighborhoods in Chicago.
Not many kids in the suburb where I live - Morton Grove.
Only one neighbor a few house away had kids, and he was happy to see
me bring mine in.
I'll never forget what my mechanic said when I gave him my new phone
number. He's in Niles, next door to Morton Grove.
He asked where I moved to, and I told him the street corner.
He thought a minute until he had it pictured in his head.
Then he slowly said, like he was talking about a beautiful woman,
"Nice. Real quiet there, real quiet."
And he was right.

--
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:34:52 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
Normally I DONT LIKE HOAs rules however in this case what is the home
owner trying to accomplish?

Presumably, to discourage the bad guys from getting in in the first place.

the home owners hard earned money would of been better spent on a good
security system

That does not discourage the bad guys from getting in in the first place. It only alerts you that the bad guys have breached the perimeter. If they're there for the baby (paranoid, I know) then wailing sirens are just going to tell them that they have plenty of time to get away before the police arrive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
On 5/16/2012 11:23 AM, HeyBub wrote:
gpsman wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, wrote:

Do you have bars on -your- windows and doors, or are you on the side
of thieves... or are you just an intellectual turd...?
-----

I have burglar bars on the window and doors. I also have a monitored
alarm system, both intrusion and fire. Should the stink-eyes defeat
those obstacles, I have a pistol in almost every room augmented by a
shotgun in the room of the master's repose. We're also protected by
a Maine Coon cat, although, admittedly, he's pretty much of a wuss.

Why would you ask such a question? Unless, of course, you wanted to
find out whether a trip to my house during the dark of the moon (or
the total solar eclipse this coming Sunday) would be worth the
effort.

What's that new show about people preparing for the Apocalypse? You're
not one of those are you?

Pretty much, but for a different reason. I spent eight years as a deputy
sheriff and have seen what the scrots, squints, goblins, cut-purses,
do-bads, and stink-eyes do just because it's dinner time.

I've found a good insurance policy and good door/window locks is about
all I need but I live in a pretty nice neighborhood.

Pustules are mobile.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners
association said the bars hurt property values and must come down
immediately. And if they don't it will start fining the [homeowner]
$200 a day."

Same old story. Baby in danger! Vet ordered to take flag down! Ect
ect! Call the media cause they always love it. Going after the nasty
old HOAs always sells newspapers.

The other side is the same old story too. Buy a house, sign for the
rules, then cry loudly when you get caught breaking them.

Probably irrelevant. I doubt there's a restriction in the covenants
specifically mentioning "burglar bars" or similar. Further, some neighbors
HAVE burglar bars on their houses. After finding nothing in the rules on
point and seeing similar devices installed, what's a homeowner to conclude?

Posted to alt.home.repair

gpsman wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, wrote:

[...]

My dad, RIP, was a cop/sheriff for several years. He was pretty much the
same way.

I've found a good insurance policy and good door/window locks is about
all I need but I live in a pretty nice neighborhood.

Pustules are mobile.

True that. Luckily, I live in a place with an extremely low crime rate.
When I lived in ABQ you could pretty much count on a robbery or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:48:20 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

AJL wrote:

The other side is the same old story too. Buy a house, sign for the
rules, then cry loudly when you get caught breaking them.

Probably irrelevant. I doubt there's a restriction in the covenants
specifically mentioning "burglar bars" or similar.

If there is no restriction in his HOA rules then he can tell the HOA
to go suck eggs.

Further, some neighbors
HAVE burglar bars on their houses.

Are this guys burglar bars HOA legal? Maybe the neighbors bars are HOA
approved. They allow that type of burglar bars in my HOA but I doubt
that they would approve the POS I see in that picture.

After finding nothing in the rules on
point and seeing similar devices installed, what's a homeowner to conclude?

Simple. Read the HOA rules. If it's there you can't do it, and visa
versa. If the HOA has quit enforcing the rules then it's open season.

BTW I'm glad this guy isn't near me. He seems to keep old doors stored
on the porch, doesn't trim his bushes or cut the yard, and he lets his
dog run loose...

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...151651355.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 5:46*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...hborhood-crime...

Well, as some of my previous posts regarding HOA's might suggest I am
not a big fan. I lived with a Gestapo group in Andover, KS for about
9 years and I will never live in an association neighborhood again.

With that said, bars do give the home and the neighborhood an image of
not being such a good place to buy or live. From the sounds of the
news story that might be exactly the case.

RonB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2012 10:42:06 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Makes me wonder what the back of the house is like?
Easy kick doors, glass, and so on?

The point of any home security is to convince the perp to hit your neighbors.
All it has to do is look tough. If they really want your pop-top collection,
they'll get it.

Might have been better use of money and energy to
invest in alarm system, and buy the wife a couple
baseball bats and pepper spray?

Baseball bat? Pepper spray. She'd have to get too close. A 9mm works.

....unless, of course, you're afraid to have it used on you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm just glad I don't live in a high crime area.

I happen to live in an HOA community. Six homes on my street. Two
houses on one side have four retired law enforcement officers, two
each. The HOA President lives across the street from me. He really
leaves me alone if a leaf falls off a tree. I had to teach him there
was 99 shades of white paint for fascia trim - put him on the carpet I
did.

The neighbor around the corner and across my fence is close to being a
retired law enforcement officer.

Image the fire power on my street. I even have an agreement with the
guy next door that if a crook jumps from my yard into his I'm allowed
to shoot, if his dogs don't get him first.

Why would a thief live there? Any with half a brain will move to a place with
a stronger thugs union (Democratic Party).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:14:25 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Norminn wrote:

I agree....bars sufficient to keep out burglars may also keep out
fire/rescue folks. Happens every now and then, esp in high-crime
neighborhoods. I rather like the idea of a "safe room" (especially
in a rural area) with a sturdy door and a cell phone that stays
charged and in the room.

Believe me, some piddly burglar bars are not going to keep out the fire
department! They've got gear that can pull down* the whole damn house! The
apartment house across from me caught on fire about three years ago and the
first fire truck (they ended up with FORTY-TWO pieces of fire equipment on
the scene) pulled down the IRON PICKET FENCE and didn't break a sweat.

You bet. Those rigs aren't pulled by horses anymore.

Your idea of a "safe room" has much merit. I'm reinforcing a walk-in closet
to act as one, even though my house has burglar bars. I'm replacing the
interior sheerock with 3/4" plywood and putting up a steel-clad door with
interior throw-bolts. The closet will have an electrical outlet for the
'phone charger. And a .38 revolver with a box of ammunition.

My plan, too. I have a perfect room in the basement for a bomb shelter. It's
cement walls on two sides and there are several "rooms" (bare 2x6 studded
partitions) between it and the outside walls. I figure it's a good place for
some T&G ply I never has a chance to use. I'm not so worried about burglars
as weather, though.

I'm not sure whether a slot to pass a food tray will be required - I'm
thinking multi-use here.

Kinky!

---
* I recently found out where the term "Hook & Ladder" originated. Around the
turn of the last century, municipal fire departments were not tasked to put
out fires in a three-story brownstone - how much fire could the apparatus
extinguish with only 200 gallons of water on the horse-powered fire truck.
No, their job was to prevent the fire from spreading. To do that, brick- and
stone-faced buildings had steel eyelets attached to their facade. The
firemen, upon arrival, would use their "ladder" to attach a "hook" to the
eyelets and pull down the front of the building!

Just a bit of trivia...

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
[...]

Ah, so they didn't charge you anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gpsman wrote:
On May 16, 6:46 am, wrote:

[...]

Even life insurance isn't going to save yours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm just glad I don't live in a high crime area.

I happen to live in an HOA community. Six homes on my street. Two
houses on one side have four retired law enforcement officers, two
each. The HOA President lives across the street from me. He really
leaves me alone if a leaf falls off a tree. I had to teach him there
was 99 shades of white paint for fascia trim - put him on the carpet I
did.

The neighbor around the corner and across my fence is close to being a
retired law enforcement officer.

Image the fire power on my street. I even have an agreement with the
guy next door that if a crook jumps from my yard into his I'm allowed
to shoot, if his dogs don't get him first.

Fer sure....a retired (violent) cop I know has a more violent son.
Daddy didn't keep his weapon secure, so when sonny got mad at a guy at
work he took daddy's gun down there to "scare" the other. More cops
were called and, being brothers in blue, sonny wasn't charged and daddy
got his gun back. Sonny had a habit to support and he would go postal
at the slightest provocation. The retired cop even left the weapon
layin' on the floor (with his trousers) with small children in the
house. Sonny was kicked out of the Army for punching a Sgt. Kicked out
of numerous schools. Restraining order didn't get his attention.
Daddy's parenting technique was usually lying to get kid out of scrapes
(when sonny was too big to beat on). Gotta be careful what you wish for )
Posted to alt.home.repair

That "privileged class" thinking only makes the problem worse, in the long
run. Like the failure to prosecute illegal aliens has been.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Norminn" wrote in message
m...

work he took daddy's gun down there to "scare" the other. More cops
were called and, being brothers in blue, sonny wasn't charged and daddy
got his gun back. Sonny had a habit to support and he would go postal

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 May 2012 07:04:08 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

Baseball bat? Pepper spray. She'd have to get too close. A 9mm
works.

...unless, of course, you're afraid to have it used on you.

If my gun is used on me, the perp will have to beat me to death because the
gun will be empty.

Or perhaps your wife will get home before you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

the best spent money is no doubt some low cost outdoor security
lights, a dog in the home, and some signs protected by ABC security
monitoring service, even if the home has no security system....

smart landscaping outdoors to prevent hiding spots for the bad guys
helps too.

the steel jail bar look really accomplishes little.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

He also doesn't read very well! I don't 'solicit' either - I don't want lung cancer! lmao