Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

Default HOA sides with thieves

On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:48:20 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

AJL wrote:

The other side is the same old story too. Buy a house, sign for the
rules, then cry loudly when you get caught breaking them.

Probably irrelevant. I doubt there's a restriction in the covenants
specifically mentioning "burglar bars" or similar.

If there is no restriction in his HOA rules then he can tell the HOA
to go suck eggs.

Further, some neighbors
HAVE burglar bars on their houses.

Are this guys burglar bars HOA legal? Maybe the neighbors bars are HOA
approved. They allow that type of burglar bars in my HOA but I doubt
that they would approve the POS I see in that picture.

After finding nothing in the rules on
point and seeing similar devices installed, what's a homeowner to conclude?

Simple. Read the HOA rules. If it's there you can't do it, and visa
versa. If the HOA has quit enforcing the rules then it's open season.

BTW I'm glad this guy isn't near me. He seems to keep old doors stored
on the porch, doesn't trim his bushes or cut the yard, and he lets his
dog run loose...

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-c...151651355.html