Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

Default HOA sides with thieves

On Wed, 16 May 2012 05:46:43 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[HOUSTON] Just a few weeks ago, after the birth of their son, [the
homeowner] had burglar bars installed. But now the homeowners association
said the bars hurt property values and must come down immediately. And if
they don’t it will start fining the [homeowner] $200 a day."

Same old story. Baby in danger! Vet ordered to take flag down! Ect
ect! Call the media cause they always love it. Going after the nasty
old HOAs always sells newspapers.

The other side is the same old story too. Buy a house, sign for the
rules, then cry loudly when you get caught breaking them.

I have a security door. But I applied for an HOA permit *before* I put
it up. This is one case where getting permission IS easier than
getting forgiveness...