Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table with AC

chaniarts wrote:

here you go, very apropos for this discussion

http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/faccb1307b7f012f2fe000163e41dd5b?width=900.0

Oh, Please. Some of you don't understand "thinking out loud".

I did replace the fan today. The wires are about 18"-24" short, so
I'll have to complete the job tomorrow. I think I'll need one of those
hair-dryer-like blowers to cover my splices. Not only that, from what
I've learned around these parts, it seems like there ought to be a
"connector" where the fans wires pass through an approximately 1"
diameter hole in the metal to get into the electrical panel (for the
condensor unit), but there is not.

FYI/FWIW:
I had a dual capacitor system, the dual capacitor will still power
the compressor. New fan motor now gets its own capacitor,

New motor has 4 wires:

Both Brown & Brown/Whitestripe are going to the new capacitor (as
labeled on the motor). Black and Yellow are labeled as Line.
Black is going where it always did (thank you, Black),
and Yellow (remember Yellow?), it going to be wired
to the terminal labeled "Common" on the dual capacitor.
This is equivalent to connecting it to the switched side of the
contactor (as there is another yellow wire from there to the terminal
mentioned above labeled Common). Therefore I believe I am being
faitherful to the the wiring diagram.

That doesn't mean my ears are closed (except to those who would
spread fear).

BTW, the fan blade came off of the rotor like butter...
And I'm plenty confident I tightened the nut holding the it on the
new rotor enough! I never seem to mess that part up (occasional
stripped nuts and screw (holes), yes).

Cheers,
Bill