Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I get this old style mouse?

On May 14, 10:21*pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
*Robert Macy wrote:

It's a PS-2 with a SCROLL wheel and a thumb button along the left
side, plus has the normal two large area buttons on top.

The original label said
Qtronix *Lnyx 3D mouse.

Not after scroll function - disabled that.
Not after cable [although would be nice] - been substituting anything
by re-wiring.
just need that pesky little thumb button because there's a program
called scroll.exe that enables this mouse to have a variable size
magnifier to move around the screen.

It's for Ms. Macy's PC, so there is NO substitution possible.

You didn't say what's wrong with it, but if it's a broken cord or a
worn-out switch, those are easy to fix or replace. Mice are a
dime-a-dozen at garage sales, and they almost all use the same-size
microswitches -- and cables.

Isaac

third time replaced the cord.
body broke off at detent and mouse ball falls out - same with both
units!
'left' microswitch is starting to go wonky

I called to where I used to stop by and pickup stuff [WeirdStuff,
Sunnyvale, CA], asked them to ship a box of old PS2 mice to me and
they balked. seems at 1.95 ea there wasn't enough to make it
worthwhile, so....

Ok throw in a PC - old Dell unit for $99.95 I get Intel 2GHz, 1GB RAM
and a 80GB HD, CD, & ?? running WinXP SP??

Would have been fine, but they wanted $50-60 for shipping !!

Back to the cables, I've gone through all 7 of my mouse cables, and
some are missing 1 wire, so can't use anyway.

Everytime I replace the cable I have to CAREFULLY noodle it out,
resolder in all the wires to the connector and color code NEVER
applies! and figure out the connections. Just wanted to step back,
reset, and get an exact replacement that works - for a while. That
way I can work on one while the other is being used.