Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where can I get this old style mouse?

It's a PS-2 with a SCROLL wheel and a thumb button along the left
side, plus has the normal two large area buttons on top.

The original label said
Qtronix Lnyx 3D mouse.

Not after scroll function - disabled that.
Not after cable [although would be nice] - been substituting anything
by re-wiring.
just need that pesky little thumb button because there's a program
called scroll.exe that enables this mouse to have a variable size
magnifier to move around the screen.

It's for Ms. Macy's PC, so there is NO substitution possible.

Where can I get one?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I happen to have a five button PS/2 scroll mouse laying around. I
could send it to you cheap and you could try it at least. I doubt they
made a custom chip for it.

I have heard of that scroll.exe. I bet if you find the INI file goes
with it you might be able to change the button to work on a regular
modern scroll muse with the scroll press instead of the side button.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 11, 9:55*pm, Jeff Urban wrote:
I happen to have a five button PS/2 scroll mouse laying around. I
could send it to you cheap and you could try it at least. I doubt they
made a custom chip for it.

I have heard of that scroll.exe. I bet if you find the INI file goes
with it you might be able to change the button to work on a regular
modern scroll muse with the scroll press instead of the side button.

Jeff, thank you foryour offer.

I'm located north of Phonix, AZ zip is 85087

We can go offline and I'll give you contact details.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Microsoft mice (and probably many other brands) have a variable-magnifier
feature. Default activation is by pressing the right "thumb" button.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Microsoft mice (and probably many other brands) have
a variable-magnifier feature. Default activation is by
pressing the right "thumb" button.

Mine is done via pressing the scroll wheel. It clicks, along
with scrolling.

Using the free Microsoft IntelliPoint program, you can assign any function
to any button.

So there.

Ball's in your court. grin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 14, 4:06*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Microsoft mice (and probably many other brands) have
a variable-magnifier feature. Default activation is by
pressing the right "thumb" button.

Mine is done via pressing the scroll wheel. It clicks, along
with scrolling.

Using the free Microsoft IntelliPoint program, you can assign any function
to any button.

So there.

Ball's in your court. grin

Run on Win98?

The one I tried using from Microsoft, only applied a list of 'fixed'
functions to the mouse buttons, not the magnifier in scroll.exe
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

In article
,
Robert Macy wrote:

It's a PS-2 with a SCROLL wheel and a thumb button along the left
side, plus has the normal two large area buttons on top.

The original label said
Qtronix Lnyx 3D mouse.

Not after scroll function - disabled that.
Not after cable [although would be nice] - been substituting anything
by re-wiring.
just need that pesky little thumb button because there's a program
called scroll.exe that enables this mouse to have a variable size
magnifier to move around the screen.

It's for Ms. Macy's PC, so there is NO substitution possible.

You didn't say what's wrong with it, but if it's a broken cord or a
worn-out switch, those are easy to fix or replace. Mice are a
dime-a-dozen at garage sales, and they almost all use the same-size
microswitches -- and cables.

Isaac
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Using the free Microsoft IntelliPoint program,
you can assign any function to any button.

Run on Win98?
The one I tried using from Microsoft, only applied
a list of "fixed" functions to the mouse buttons,
not the magnifier in scroll.exe.

Did you have the current version of IntelliPoint installed? (It comes with
many keyboard and mouse products. Or you can download it.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 14, 10:21*pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
*Robert Macy wrote:

It's a PS-2 with a SCROLL wheel and a thumb button along the left
side, plus has the normal two large area buttons on top.

The original label said
Qtronix *Lnyx 3D mouse.

Not after scroll function - disabled that.
Not after cable [although would be nice] - been substituting anything
by re-wiring.
just need that pesky little thumb button because there's a program
called scroll.exe that enables this mouse to have a variable size
magnifier to move around the screen.

It's for Ms. Macy's PC, so there is NO substitution possible.

You didn't say what's wrong with it, but if it's a broken cord or a
worn-out switch, those are easy to fix or replace. Mice are a
dime-a-dozen at garage sales, and they almost all use the same-size
microswitches -- and cables.

Isaac

third time replaced the cord.
body broke off at detent and mouse ball falls out - same with both
units!
'left' microswitch is starting to go wonky

I called to where I used to stop by and pickup stuff [WeirdStuff,
Sunnyvale, CA], asked them to ship a box of old PS2 mice to me and
they balked. seems at 1.95 ea there wasn't enough to make it
worthwhile, so....

Ok throw in a PC - old Dell unit for $99.95 I get Intel 2GHz, 1GB RAM
and a 80GB HD, CD, & ?? running WinXP SP??

Would have been fine, but they wanted $50-60 for shipping !!

Back to the cables, I've gone through all 7 of my mouse cables, and
some are missing 1 wire, so can't use anyway.

Everytime I replace the cable I have to CAREFULLY noodle it out,
resolder in all the wires to the connector and color code NEVER
applies! and figure out the connections. Just wanted to step back,
reset, and get an exact replacement that works - for a while. That
way I can work on one while the other is being used.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 15, 3:52*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Using the free Microsoft IntelliPoint program,
you can assign any function to any button.

Run on Win98?
The one I tried using from Microsoft, only applied
a list of "fixed" functions to the mouse buttons,
not the magnifier in scroll.exe.

Did you have the current version of IntelliPoint installed? (It comes with
many keyboard and mouse products. Or you can download it.)

Apparently THAT only runs on WinXP and above.

Remember this is a Win98 machine. Used for writing and two games.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Did you have the current version of IntelliPoint installed?
(It comes with many keyboard and mouse products.
Or you can download it.)

Apparently THAT only runs on WinXP and above.
Remember this is a Win98 machine. Used for writing and two games.

I'm running version 6.31 on Windows 2000 Pro, SP4. It's copyrighted 2008.

There is a version that runs on Win98.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/f...0-d4496c706d4f

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Robert Macy wrote:

It's a PS-2 with a SCROLL wheel and a thumb button along the left
side, plus has the normal two large area buttons on top.

The original label said
Qtronix Lnyx 3D mouse.

Not after scroll function - disabled that.
Not after cable [although would be nice] - been substituting anything
by re-wiring.
just need that pesky little thumb button because there's a program
called scroll.exe that enables this mouse to have a variable size
magnifier to move around the screen.

It's for Ms. Macy's PC, so there is NO substitution possible.

Where can I get one?

I wear out mice and trackballs all the time. I pull the right
button switch (less used) out of old mice and replace the switches
in the ones I use when they go flakey. Usually the left button
goes out first. Almost all mice/trackballs use identical switches
that are transplantable.

Jon