Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Loctite vs. various lock/split washers vs...... epoxy??

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
I dunno why anyone would want to mix and apply 2-part products when
Loctite formulas will do an excellent/proven job.

Numerous fasteners are available with an epoxy-type product already
applied for numerous applications from nails/staples to more heavy
duty steel fabrication fasteners.. generally considered OTU
one-time-use permanent fasteners, not removed for
maintenance/service.

Segways are assembled with screws with pre-applied threadlocker. In
the lab we just re-used them on in-house-only machines. They still
took some force to install or remove and AFAIK none of them ever
loosened.

When I had to remove a batch of particularly reluctant screws
installed with permanent Loctite I heated them with a soldering iron
in a blob of solder in the socket recess.