Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table with AC

Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:

One pole _cannot_ power a motor.

Scott,

The source of the confusion was

(1) The electric supplier, who evidently mis-spoke about what I needed
to do: She said to "Attach yellow to common".
(2) My thought that a pole should run to common which was reinforced in
part, by
(3) The video below, in which the speaker refers over and over to one of
nodes of the capacitor as Common (and he may be correct in some context).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mEE9bFBtY

I, of course, am responsbile for my actions. And (what people don't
always appreciate is), I haven't performed any yet! But I feel
comfortable following the outline in the video above (2nd half).

Thank you, everyone, for the assistance you have provided me with.

Bill