Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Trailer hitch lock is stuck

On Mon, 14 May 2012 13:05:14 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
When I have a trailer hitch, I tend to walk into it, and bang up my
legs.

Me too. Plus, with the towbar sticking out, when I haul stuff to the
landfill it makes it more difficult to back right up to the edge of the
dump-off point. And, if I have an extra heavy load (really too heavy for
the vehicle) the towbar hangs very low causing problems getting in and out
of driveway ramps etc.

I had a cargo carrier that went on via the trailer hitch. 16 y.o. car
probably with weak rear springs. Put my old stove on it and went to a
friend's house. His street has speed bumps and it really scraped on
those.

Instead of tapping the lock with a hammer, whack it hard (wear glasses
in case the hammer chips) . I guess the key should be turned when you
whack it.

This just happened when I took a chimney down and
had a load of bricks and debris to take to the landfill.

Yoo in Noo Joyzee?

Joyzee.

Ahm een Noo Yowk State.