Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Designing a work table with AC

Bill wrote in :

Puckdropper wrote:

If you want to experiment, watch for Menards to have a sale on their
drill bits.

That's where I've been shopping. Concerning 1/8" drill bits.
They had a package of 2 "Vermont" (brand) for $2.69, and a package of
*10* "Master Force" Titanium bits for $2.99.

I bought the former. Did I miss a bargain?

Nah... They're cheap enough to buy 2 even when not on sale.

BTW, I exchanged my workbench screws for longer ones that are 3 1/2"
long. I modified the design a little for a extra strength too.
Plan and materials in hand, execution should be quick.

Once you get past a certain length, the added length of the screw becomes
a vulnerability rather than an asset. They need to be "long enough" to
get solid contact with the wood, but not so long that they risk poking
out.

Once you get enough screw into the wood to hold it securely, the screw is
long enough. Experiment and learn.

What are you working on Puck?

Bill

I'm working on setting pressure treated boards on fire with a router.
It's an interesting proposition, but it is easier to take a stick lighter
down to the fire pit with a bucketful of plane shavings.

The pressure treated is for a deck rail I'm adding. The stair rail is
done, not I've got to add a railing between that post and the door.
Should be done in less time than it takes to calculate how much material
I need.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.