Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Is it possible to see a flying bullet?

In article ,
Ignoramus6213 wrote:

I was at a gun range today with a friend, shooting a 9mm hand gun.

When he was shooting, I was standing behind him, watching. After a few
shots, I realized that I may have seen a glimpse of the bullets as
they flew downrange.

I watched some more, and it did seem this way, although it was hard to
see them and the barrel flash did not clarify things.

I am wondering, if, perhaps, it is known that flying bullets of that
sort of size and speed can be actually seen.

I've seen bullets in flight as well, many times. Specifically, a 22
long rifle round flying out over a lake, so the background was distant.

Joe Gwinn